art piece gallery 30 x 30 art prize
terms & conditions
- The $6000 prize is awarded to the artist of the single winning entry.
This new, national, non-acquisitive prize is for a 2D work of art in any medium of 30 x 30 cm, excluding frame.
- The entry must be the original work of the artist.
- A limit of two works per artist can be submitted.
- All entries must be for sale and art piece gallery will retain a 44% commission on all sold work.
- The work must be a single piece and cannot comprise of multiple elements.
- There will be two rounds of judging. The first round is a pre-selection round and the judges will select, from images provided, the works that will hang in the exhibition for final judging.
- The entry form must be filled in on-line, and will be sent automatically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by midnight on 31st October 2017.
All artists whose works have been pre-selected for exhibition will be notified by 4th November 2017.
- Each entry must be accompanied by one JPEG image of 72dpi for web use and one JPEG image of 300dpi for print.
Images must not be larger than 800 x 800 pixels and not exceed 1MB.
All JPEG images must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title of the work, medium and RRP.
- A $40.00 entry fee shall be payable for a single work entry and $65.00 for a two work entry.
Payment is to be made on-line as part of the submission process by PayPal to Nadine Abensur.
The entry fee is non-negotiable and non-refundable, even if the work is not pre-selected for exhibition.
- Selected finalist art works only must be delivered to art piece gallery, 70 Burringbar St, Mullumbimby, NSW 2482 by Friday 17th November 2017.
- The artwork details form (30 x 30 art prize artwork details form) must be attached to the back of the work and must include:
- the artist’s name
- street address
- phone no.
- email address
- title of work
- year of completion
- size 30 x 30cm
- $ recommended retail price (refer 3. above re commission)
- All due care will be taken by the gallery in handling the artwork. However the gallery will not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever caused to any work while in the gallery’s custody or in transit. Insurance for the artwork during the exhibition and in transit is the sole responsibility of the artist.
- All entries must be ready to hang and must have suitable rings and hanging wire. A stretched canvas is considered framed but may be further framed at the artist’s discretion but preferably with a thin border frame, as long as the art work itself is, and does not exceed, the stipulated 30 x 30 cm.
- The work of finalists will be judged by a panel of judges, which will include a regional gallery director, at least one practicing artist, and Nadine Abensur, art piece gallery director.
In 2017, judges include Susi Muddiman OAM, director of the Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, and Amanda Penrose Hart, winner of the 2017 Gallipoli Art Prize.
- The winners of the $6000 first prize and the 3 highly commended prizes will be announced at the official opening on Saturday 25th November 2017.
- The exhibition will be open during regular gallery opening hours from Friday 24th November to 14th December 2017.
- All artists selected as finalists by virtue of their entry submission authorize art piece gallery and Nadine Abensur to publish their works free of copyright, totally or partly, in all/any electronic and print publications including catalogues, magazines, newspapers, folders, posters, brochures, promotional video clips, slide shows, on the art piece gallery website, its Facebook page and Instagram accounts, as well as other social media platforms, in connection with this art prize.
- art piece gallery reserves the right to exhibit the SELECTED FINALISTS’ ARTWORKS ONLY for the exhibition period.
- All exhibited artworks not sold during this period, or before January 22nd 2018, must be collected by 5.00pm on Monday 22nd January 2018.
- The judges’ decision is final on all aspects of awarding the prizes and no correspondence or appeal will be entered into or considered.
- A decision by a majority of the judges on any issue is deemed a binding decision of the judges as a whole.
- Freight costs and all other charges relating to delivery and collection of artworks entered into the art piece gallery 30×30 art prize are the sole responsibility of the artist. Artworks will not be accepted unless delivered and returned free of all freight and other charges.